المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : موضوع بالأنجليزية Islam is 100% compatible with science

هيثم أبا الحسن
04-03-2007, 12:30 AM
السلام عليكم يا أخوة

لقد قررت ان أقوم بعمل موضوع باللغة الأنجليزية عن التوافق التام بين الأسلام و العلم الحديث و سأستخدم هذا الموضوع فى أقامة الحجة على بعض الملحدين و اللاأدريين و غيرهم فى أحد المنتديات الأنجليزية لذا أردت مساعدتكم و أرجو من الجميع أن يكتبوا ما لديهم من حجة باللغة الأنجليزية فقط

واليكم ما كتبت حتى الأن :

I will start this article with what Dr. Maurice Bucaille
said in his book “the bible, the Quran and science”

In the chapter named The Qur'an and Modern Science
The relationship between the Qur'an and science is a priori a surprise, especially when it turns out to be one of harmony and not of discord. A confrontation between a religious book and the secular ideas proclaimed by science is perhaps, in the eyes of many people today, something of a paradox. The majority of today's scientists, with a small number of exceptions of course, are indeed bound up in materialist theories, and have only indifference or contempt for religious questions which they often consider to be founded on legend. In the West moreover, when science and religion are discussed, people are quite willing to mention Judaism and Christianity among the religions referred to, but they hardly ever think of Islam. So many false judgements based on inaccurate ideas have indeed been made about it, that today it is very difficult to form an exact notion of the reality of Islam.
As a prelude to any confrontation between the Islamic Revelation and science, it would seem essential that an outline be given of a religion that is so little known in the West.
The totally erroneous statements made about Islam in the West are sometimes the result of ignorance, and sometimes of systematic denigration. The most serious of all the untruths told about it are however those dealing with facts; for while mistaken opinions are excusable, the presentation of facts running contrary to the reality is not. It is disturbing to read blatant untruths in eminently respectable works written by authors who a priori are highly qualified. The following is an example taken from the Universalis Encyclopedia (Encyclopedia Universalis) vol. 6. Under the heading Gospels (Evangiles) the author alludes to the differences between the latter and the Qur'an: "The evangelists (. . .) do not (. . .), as in the Qur'an, claim to transmit an autobiography that God miraculously dictated to the Prophet . . .". In fact, the Qur'an has nothing to do with an autobiography: it is a preaching; a consultation of even the worst translation would have made that clear to the author. The statement we have quoted is as far from reality as if one were to define a Gospel as an account of an evangelist's life. The person responsible for this untruth about the Qur'an is a professor at the Jesuit Faculty of Theology, Lyon ! The fact that people utter such untruths helps to give a false impression of. the Qur'an and Islam.

The Shepherd
04-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Salam dear brother,

At first, thank you for posting this thread and inshallah we will add another flavor to this site by discussing many ideas.

Let me quote what you posted and then comment on them:

In the West moreover, when science and religion are discussed, people are quite willing to mention Judaism and Christianity among the religions referred to, but they hardly ever think of Islam.

Actually, in the West, the overwhelmed majority of people tend to refute any interrelation between modern science and any kind of religions since they consider their nation to be secular. However, the intellectual people there admit the beneficial impact of Islam on the development and evolution of the modern science. Thats why you find many researchers and scientists are converting to Islam after they read and find the the harmony of Islam with the science truths and facts in addition to their finidngs out of their researchs in for example: Medical Scince or Cosmology...etc.

I agree with you that in most of their books or documentaries they mention the Jews as the leaders of Science Development and innovation which is to certain extent is right but don't forget that research and invention needs human and physical resources more than only intellegence.

Now, and this is a valid fact, that if you look to the USA sceintific institutions then you will find that most of the scientists, interpreneurs, and researchers
working there are Indians, Chinees, Japanees, and Arabs!

What the West know but seldom they admit is that the Islamic Civilization has had a strong impact in all science branches starting from chemistry and ending to philosophy! they actually have founded many theories and facts in science.

borther, it would be better if you categorize your ideas so we can comment on them directly.

Regards

muslimah
04-03-2007, 08:54 AM
this site might help:

http://www.islam-guide.com/

هيثم أبا الحسن
04-05-2007, 06:11 PM
jazakum Allah khayran for your posts

هيثم أبا الحسن
04-12-2007, 12:14 PM
i have decided to rephrase the article so here is some of what i wrote so far :

Logical, Historical and scientific accuracy of the Amazing Quran

Islam is 100% compatible with scientific facts

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Request : I ask my brothers and sisters in Islam to correct me if I am wrong in any of the following because I am just a human and I am not infallible so I do my best & I make a research before I write any thing but I am afraid that my translation is not good enough.

First before I talk about Islam and science I want to clarify some important concepts which are :

1- some people thinks that the word Allah is just used by Muslims to refer to GOD and this idea is surely wrong, if you open the Arabic translated version of the bible (old and new testaments) you will find the word Allah in Arabic الله.

2- we Muslims declare that Allah has all perfect attributes and we know that Allah far above any kind of imperfection.

3- we Muslims declare that Allah knows every thing, every thing that was and every thing that is and every thing that will be.

this can be found in many verses in the Qur`an :

here is a Qur`anic meaning translation: 002.029 And Allah is knower of all things

and we Muslims don’t accept the meaning of the following repeatedly mentioned verse in the old testament in Genesis : “and God saw that it was good”
this verse obviously means that God didn’t know what his creation will be except after he created it and looked to it. And this means that the bible is accusing God to be imperfect.
4- we Muslims declare that Allah is capable of doing all things without the possibility of being tired or needing rest.
this also can be found in many verses in the Qur`an :
here is a Qur`anic meaning translation: 003.165 surely Allah has power over all things.
And 050.038 And certainly We created the heavens and the earth and what is between them in six periods and there touched Us not any fatigue.
and Islamic religion can’t accept the following mentioned verse in the old testament in Genesis : 002:002 and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Its also not acceptable in Islam to approve what the bible mentioned that God sleeps, regrets of some of his actions, eat, drink, go to the WC ,etc
5- Although Allah is capable of doing Any thing but Allah never do a thing that can be disgraceful (such as making himself a human) or any thing that contradicts with his Full capabilities. Because it’s impossible that the creator becomes like his creation.
6- we Muslims know that the Quran and the Sunna of the Prophet (Hadith) hasn’t been altered or changed like it’s mentioned in the Quran :
015.009 : We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).
we are sure that every important event that happened in the time of the prophet and every revelation concerning the religion of Islam and every thing the prophet said or made or approved, all of that is now between our hands in Quran and Authentic Hadiths.
For you to understand why are we Muslims so sure of our texts you must learn about the sciences of Hadith also named the science of “Isnad” which contains about 65 sub fields, you will then realize how did Muslims preserve their holy texts.
Here is an introduction for the science of Hadith (I didn’t review the whole site)
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/scienceofhadith/atit.html and
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/scienceofhadith/brief1/
besides the Muslims has a high ability of memorization which has participated in the preserving of the Quran and Sunna. You can easily find among Muslims many young childrens and Muslims in different ages memorize many chapters of the Quran and some of them memorize the whole 114 chapter of the Quran even among the non Arab Muslims.
054.017: And in truth We have made the Qur'an easy to remember; but is there any that remembereth?

Note :the word Sunna basically means the way or teachings of the prophet (every thing of his acting, saying, acceptances and can also include his manners and attributes).
but the same word is also used in other occasions as a definition to refer to a deed that is not obligatory to do but a desirable deed.
7- we Muslims know that the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is a real messenger which Allah has sent and that he is honest and infallible in every thing he said, did and confirmed.
And to be able to prove to you that he is a prophet then we must know how to distinguish between the characteristics of honest prophet and the false one.
Definitely this subject will need a whole article that will be showing the biography of Muhammad (P.B.U.H) and the honesty of him and his modesty even in his clothes and house and this shows that he wasn’t seeking to be rich and he was only seeking the life in paradise.
he even rejected an offer from the disbelievers of the Quraysh tribe, they offered to give him what he wants from the money and to make him as one of leaders of the tribe but he must leave this message that he is calling the people to follow.