Mar 2010
    الدولة
    Canada
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    مسلم

افتراضي

Dear Charlie,
    Next: I wrote something like Muslims avoiding to talk about religion and god from another point of view, than the one they are trained for. You say it is a presume. Well, I do base it on my experience. I asked the same question several times here (to Ibn Alsunnah) about the species. Why can we not know how many species are. You can read it in some of my former messages. If you are willing to answer it instead of him, than I will copy it for you again. I asked what Quran says about evolution: yes or no. No answer... just "Quran is not agains science". I tried to discuss how likely is that god would write something as Sharia law. This was avoided with the explenation it is not our topic, although the topic is (due to Ibn Alsunnah) "how come people believe in god in 21st century". It is definitivly inside the topic. I asked more than once if he would gladly accept to get his hand off, or be stoned to death, since it is a way to paradise. Or would he ask for mercy? No reply at all. But talking about a chain of causes and effects can be repeated over and over again, by him and by you. So what conclusions do you expect me to get from that? Uncomfortable angles of view are avoided, due to my experience. The examples are more. I can not remember I ignored some of your questions like that. Sometimes maybe missed in a long mail, but I never deny the answer over and over again. Do we see a lack of arguments here, or what is the reason? 0
    I answered several times about Sharia and Evolution . Please remember Charlie, that many people watch our discussion so we don't want to disturb them by jumping between topics. I also requested from you to open two new discussion forms , one about Evolution and the other about Sharia.
    We cannot just go like that : One message cause and effects chains, another Sharia, third Evolution
    !!!!
    This disturbs everyone!!!
    Please Charlie, I never said we are feeling embarassed about anything. So don't pre assume something I never said please.

Best Regards
    Ibn Alsunnah
    هُوَ الَّذِي أَنْـزَلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ مِنْهُ آيَاتٌ مُحْكَمَاتٌ هُنَّ أُمُّ الْكِتَابِ وَأُخَرُ مُتَشَابِهَاتٌ فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمْ زَيْغٌ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ مَا تَشَابَهَ مِنْهُ ابْتِغَاءَ الْفِتْنَةِ وَابْتِغَاءَ تَأْوِيلِهِ وَمَا يَعْلَمُ تَأْوِيلَهُ إِلا اللَّهُ وَالرَّاسِخُونَ فِي الْعِلْمِ يَقُولُونَ آمَنَّا بِهِ كُلٌّ مِنْ عِنْدِ رَبِّنَا وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلا أُولُو الأَلْبَابِ

افتراضي

Hi guys
    It's Worth mentioning that:
    Reality is one that is there is only one true conception of reality .There is a difference between evidence and proof (belief and knowledge).tonight will be followed by morning!! why?(how do we know) because the nights before(trillion nights) are all evidence. The statement(verbal representation of a concept) is possibly true and the opposite(will not be  followed by morning) is equally true this is belief=ignorance!! the method to know(proof) wait until the morning comes or not. this is in the empirical issues (experience is a method to proof=to know).every issue has one proof but to hold a belief as knowledge is very dangerous and irresponsible=irrational so what is knowledge and are we ever to have a true conception of Being(=all what exist and the nature)by means of a PROOF?

please contact me on my privet email for any comments
    Ibrahim

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2010
    الدولة
    Sweden
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    ملحد

افتراضي

Hi Ibn Alsunnah and Ibrahim

As you understand I can not run 3 forums at the same time. I am alone here, talking to usually 2 or 3 people all the time, often writing very long messages. I have a life beside this. So I will not do that and this includes private mails (they still take my time, no matter if here, or by e-mail). I thought this line was a little bit because of me. I was the one to try to understand how people believe in god in 21st century. But from the start we were talking same chain and cause, without getting longer than what we were at the 3rd side or so. Is this the only angle to tackle the problem? Remember, this is not the line about "Chain of causes, etc" Ok, I could close this line and open a new one, but I am not interested in evolution as itself. I am interested in evolution as the evidence that there has been no creation and I wanna know how religions can just ignore it. It is not beside the topic. Also remember that initially we did touch the topic and Ibn Alsunnah said that was not his specialty, but brother Ahmeds. He was here for a while and than asked to leave, because there were too many people here. But the evolution was here very early in the forum and at that time it was ok. Why is it not ok now? Who decides from which angle we should tackle the problem? I don't think that the other people who read this line want to hear same talk over and over again. Please move forward. 0

Charlie

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2010
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    مسلم
    مقالات المدونة

افتراضي

Hi again Charlie,
    I read your comments again about my statement4 regarding laws and rules. Let me keep this post within this topic because like I said it’s my favorite one. This does not involve cause-effect and logic chains and whether we can apply our physics before BB …etc although I will come back to that topic later. I will reply to your later posts when I get time.

If we talk about something different as for example pieces of sand in the
    dessert, even if they look like they are there by completely randomness, we will both realize this is not the case.

The wind makes them be placed in dunes... and the bigger ones will roll down more likely, which means there will be more bigger peaces at the bottoms of the dunes, than at the tops. Does it mean someone placed them like that? Of course not.. they follow the natural laws
    Does it mean someone made those laws by purpose? Of course it does not mean that. Simply, if there is something, than it has to follow some rules
    So Charlie, I gave many examples because I believe examples are very good tool of communicating ideas. Although I gave many, I think it was still not well-communicated what I wanted to relay to you. So let’s try to be a little patient with each other. We both have assumptions that we have to challenge as I indicated before.

I gave the example of a computer and you gave the example of sand and dunes in a desert. Let’s look at both examples a little more closely and see why I think they’re different. If we look at a computer along with all of the rules/laws it follows (computer rules/laws), you automatically logically deduce that there has to be someone who “created” or “designed” this computer. Let’s differentiate between the computer causes for how it works and our inference of the need of a designer/creator. Ever since we were born, we’ve seen sand and other things in life, and we did observe that wind can put sand into dunes. Does that mean there is a cause for the sand to form dunes: yes, and that cause is wind. We observed these laws and they became natural for us to observe. Does looking at the dunes make you think that there needs to be a designer and creator of the hills? Probably no. So what’s the difference between computers and dunes? Forming dunes is a simple phenomenon. There is not enough complexity involved that would make us ask: how did these dunes come together. But now if I ask you if you see in the desert sand in forms of letters and words and you read them to find a Shakespearean poem. You will not say: ok wind did it and nothing else. You will say: some intelligence was involved to write a poem because sand by itself including all of its basic physical properties along with wind can NEVER write such a poem no matter how much time you give it. So the difference between the two examples is in complexity. Complexity requires design. When new rules (ex. Computer rules) emerge, we deduce that these rules work perfectly and must have a designer/creator.

I think it takes thinking a little bit outside the box. “If” you argue and say: we see human beings that are very complex, you would not have gotten the point, because the very existence of human beings is what we’re discussing about. Attempt to answer the following question(s) and I think this will force your mind to look at it from our angel if you will:

Question intro: Before life even started, there were just atoms; and planets were cooling and forming…etc. There were no biological rules/laws. Then somehow life emerged on earth and somehow biological laws/rules were introduced. These rules are very interesting because they always tend to increase in complexity. These very biological rules eventually depend on sub-level rules of physics (forget about where these physics rules/laws came from, we’ll assume they were just there). Here is the problem now: according to physics law: matter tends to go from higher complexity/order to lower complexity/order randomly (entropy) unless external power is involved. If you look out our world you would notice that we see an overall trend of increase in complexity!

Question(s): How did these biological rules emerge to form such an enormous undeniable complexity in our world? How is it that these biological rules violate the essence of physics rules that they depend on? Were they developed in a completely random fasion that violates mathematical and physical laws of randomness?

We refuse to see a computer (with complex computer rules that emerged) and not deduce there must be a designer just like we refuse to look at the world and living things and not deduce there must have been a designer. And knowing a lot of how this computer works by opening it up and observing patterns in it to discover why we see the picture on the screen does not mean there is not enough complexity and design for the computer designer to exist. Just like knowing all the things we know about life from natural science does not mean that there is no one behind the rules by which the universe operates. We simply refuse the idea of total randomness that generates such amazing rules with such complex beings as a result, with no design and intelligence involved; again not because we want to believe, but because this leads us to believe.

Closely related to this is the talk about the first cell and viruses. I’m aware of the viruses you talked about. You said they act live and dead. This will really boil down to the definition of what “live” means! Biologist likes to call it dead since it doesn’t have mtabolic activities that we see in other living creatures. But keep this in mind: they have what we call the “secret of life”; DNA. Their DNA has instructions on attaching to hosts and replicating as a parasite on that host. For the sake of this discussion I would really consider viruses live because they have that very interesting “programmed” DNA along with biological rules/laws associated with its existence. It can act like “dead” since everything depends on pure physics at atoms eventually, but still has the DNA “code” in it while in that “dead” state. The question remains: how did these biological rules (that allowed viruses to develop in such a unique way, and allowed organisms to develop in such a unique way) emerge after they were not there?

Awaiting your answers,

Best wishes,
    Stranger
    "العبد يسير إلى اللـه بين مطالعة المنة ومشاهدة التقصير!" ابن القيم
    "عندما يمشي المرؤ على خطى الأنبياء في العفاف, يرى من نفسه القوة والعزة والكبرياء. بينما يعلم المتلوث بدنس الفحش الضعف من نفسه والضعة والتساقط أمام الشهوات"

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2010
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    مسلم
    مقالات المدونة

افتراضي

Why would god create 8 planets and many more smaller planets only in our solar system if he wanted life to exist on just 1 if them? What a waste of energy and time, I would say. Not to mention many stars that probably can not contain life at any of the planets. It does not sound like a very great plan
    I wanted to comment on the above quote to make sure I address all of you comments.
    It might not sound like a great plan to you true; but do you know if life would exist as it does now if these planets and other galaxies did not exist? This is like asking: why god created water for us to drink, can't we just live with no water? You realize that planets stabilize earth in it's orbit and without them life would not have existed on earth. Also the same can be said about stabilizing the galaxy's orbit around other galaxies.
    We actually believe God made it so huge like this too for us to ponder and reflect on his greatness. In one challenge in the Quran, he states that we will never be able to permeate through all the heavens he created, which we have not yet. This is our perception of the universe that we're actually convniced of. Makes sense to me. .
    best wishes,
    Stranger
    "عندما يمشي المرؤ على خطى الأنبياء في العفاف, يرى من نفسه القوة والعزة والكبرياء. بينما يعلم المتلوث بدنس الفحش الضعف من نفسه والضعة والتساقط أمام الشهوات"

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2010
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    مسلم
    مقالات المدونة

افتراضي

Charlie,
    Quick clarification on some comments I made. I used the words: complexity/design/intelligence quite interchangebly. The example of the computer.vs sand dunes is different because of the design shown in computers. Design involves more than just complexity. Design involves complexity plus order and an aspect of integration and functionality.
    With that said: It would be more accurate for me to say: complexity plus order plus functionality and integration all require design and not just complexity requires design.
    Just a point of clarification.
    best regards,
    Stranger

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2010
    الدولة
    Sweden
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    ملحد

افتراضي

Hi again Stranger

I hope Ibn Alsunnah will let us talk about this, cause here we are touching the evolution and that has, due to him not the topic of this forum. We are in trouble... hehehe :-D

Anyway, I asked you before: Can you even imagine ANYTHING existing without any rules? Can you even describe something like that? It is impossible. There are physical and chemical laws that steer the biological rules. It is not like some new laws appeared after the earth cooled down after a billion of years or so and got a hard core and life started. It was a natural process. Science is explaining it more and more in details. I did not hear of any fundamental religious person (regardless of what religion we talk about) getting a Noble prize by studying holy books to make a discovery. Isn't that weird? Or isn't it a sign of how "serious" these book are from a scientific point of view? 0
    The sand in the dessert is not only shaped by the wind, but also by physical laws in the peaces themselves. For example they can not fall one into other. We can understand why they are placed like that. Not for every piece independently, but in general. Your god has obviously control of every peace. So why is he not writing Shakespeare in sand after a dessert storm? Why are the stars not placed to form some shapes that we will recognize as human face, or some letters (in Arab, or whatever)? Any shape we can recognize. I think you agree that the shapes we see require quite a lot of fantasy to make us remind of what the star constellations are named by. Such clear shape would not even be a miracle for someone who is controlling every peace of sand, and birth of every virus and microbe. But, it will never happen.0
    Since I did not get the answer from anyone else, can you answer me: Is Quran talking about creation OR evolution? Both can not be the truth, I think you agree. Or is it
    perhaps not mentioning this at all? 0

About complexity and the tendency of matter to organize itself, or not. Nothing could have been much more unorganized than the time after BB. A very simple force made the atoms start to "organize" - gravitation. Of course it was not the only force (we have the electromagnetic force, the strong and the weak nuclear force, but no need to involve them here). Natural laws are same anywhere. They are universal and eternal. Just like the matter probably is. Weather you believe in it or not, it was impossible to the material to not follow any rules, after bb. Can you describe how such world would look like? I can not.
    If you think something violates the natural laws, than you probably don't understand them well. Nothing can violate the natural laws. No god, or anything else. Once life started, it did continue to evaluate. Not because someone told it to do so, but because the fight for survival takes over. Species have to adapt, or to go under. How this goes on I talked about before, but I will gladly talk about it again, if I am allowed.#The diversity of the species is a result of long time evolution and many changes in climate, movement of continents and the big diversity in the environment on earth. It is not a miracle. But since I did not get the answer about Qurans position about evolution, maybe there is no need to talk about that. Maybe it will agree with me. I hope you will give me an answer about that. 0
    The viruses and all life, just as everything else is made of same atoms, or if you want, neutrons, protons and electrons. So it is obvious they have the same origins. The viruses you talk about do have a simple DNA, but it is not made of something else, than the sand in the dessert is made of, if we go to the level to look into the atoms. Think about that. We see life from very simple viruses, at the edge of life,,,, there are crystals that act almost like alive, but still they are not and we have very complex forms of life, like ourselves for
    example. It smells evolution, not creation.... What do you think? 0

Best regards from Charlie

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2010
    الدولة
    Sweden
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    ملحد

افتراضي

Hi again Stranger

Nice you accept to talk of god from other angles of view. I like your explanation of why god made the universe so great (big) and made many planets without life. To stabilize the path of earth and of our galaxy. But this means he acted within the limits of natural laws. You say he is above the natural laws. Than he could have make the earth stable without the other planets. And actually the other planets are more destabilizing than stabilizing. The most stable path we would have with earth and sun alone. But regardless to that, that can not be the purpose because he did not need them for that, if he is above the natural laws. If the purpose was to show the greatness, than why did he not make anything that would show this is not natural. Like the stars placed to look like something. Than everyone would be amazed. 0
    So, yes... the question why we need water is very good. A god above the natural laws could make us to not need water... or not need food... 0
    Another question is if the world is perfect than why can we not live without killing other animals? I am not talking about animals we kill to eat. I talk about insects we step on when we walk? What is the purpose with that? It does not make much sence to me. 0
    A final question just: What does Quran say of extraterrestrial life? 0

Best regards from Charlie

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2010
    الدولة
    Sweden
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    ملحد

افتراضي

Hi guys

Did you give up, or is something wrong with the site? I am waiting for some comments... 0

Charlie

افتراضي

hi charlie
    no . it's because ramadan . they don't have a lote of time

11. افتراضي

What are the kinds of evidences that you build your knowledge upon

experience is a good base for my view at the world

can you prove uniformitarianism by experience?

First I though... What is uniformitarianism? I did not know the word, but checked on Wikipedia. If I understood it correct, than it mean that the same natural laws always existed in the universe. Well, I actually doubt that is true. Of course I have no other own experiences but these from the present time. However if universe (or our part of the universe origins from the singularity, than it is difficult to apply the present natural laws to that time. We simply don't know much how material acts inside something that looks like a huge black hole, with the extreme conditions inside. This of course does not mean there is anything supernatural about that time in the development of the universe. 0
    here you don't know the term and doubt its truth

What a surprise

Stephen Jay Gould ,the famous evolutionary biologist, said that uniformitarianism is one of the rules of science that we even needn't to debate about it any more!!

How can you be an evolutionist and don't believe in uniformitarianism?! It is a base upon which Charles Lyell and Darwin built their doctrine about geology and biology

Again:
    can you prove uniformitarianism by experience?

Take you time in understanding the term before you answer and don't depend on wikipedia alone!
    Hi again Hossam

I could be cynical and say that unlike religion, science do not require "just one truth" that can explain everything and can not be change by knowledge. We learn part by part. However the world uniformitarianism is new to me and I am not maybe the right person to explain it. But to say that physical laws can not fully be applied at the time for BB is not something that science denies. The laws are for sure universal, but we don't fully understand the conditions at the time before BB. That does not mean there is something weird about them and supernatural. I guess that is what Darwin meant. There is a natural explanation of everything around us, even though we can not explain everything to 100%. Religion can not do it either, so this is not a problem for the science, against religion.#0
    here you talk alot about something you just ignore! who spoke about the BB?! you just don't know uniformitarianism and dare to reply without the least knowledge and i really don't know why

anyway
    you say you believe in experience
    uniformitarianism can't be proven by experience as Gould said... do you still beleive in it and in the ideas based upon it??
    " أَفَمَنْ أَسَّسَ بُنْيَانَهُ عَلَى تَقْوَى مِنَ اللَّهِ وَرِضْوَانٍ خَيْرٌ أَمْ مَنْ أَسَّسَ بُنْيَانَهُ عَلَى شَفَا جُرُفٍ هَارٍ فَانْهَارَ بِهِ فِي نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ وَاللَّهُ لا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ "
    صفحتي على الفيسبوك - صفحتي على تويتر.

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2010
    الدولة
    Sweden
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    ملحد

افتراضي

Oh, yes I am a very bad person doing my best to answer others questions, while my questions are too often being ignored. At least I know the custom to sign myself when I write something. There is no need for me to reply a not signed message.0

Charlie

13. افتراضي

what question you asked and I didn't reply!! You are just trying to escape by saying that you won't answer my question BECAUSE I didn't sign my reply in which I quoted your saying (( HI HOSSAM)) What a bad person I'm!!!! Good luck and don't again try to defend something you don't understand as uniformitarianism or evolution

" أَفَمَنْ أَسَّسَ بُنْيَانَهُ عَلَى تَقْوَى مِنَ اللَّهِ وَرِضْوَانٍ خَيْرٌ أَمْ مَنْ أَسَّسَ بُنْيَانَهُ عَلَى شَفَا جُرُفٍ هَارٍ فَانْهَارَ بِهِ فِي نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ وَاللَّهُ لا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ "
    صفحتي على الفيسبوك - صفحتي على تويتر.

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2010
    الدولة
    بلاد الله
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    مسلم

افتراضي

انا لله وانا اليه راجعون,حياه الانسان قصيره,ومع ذلك لايفكر فى سبب وجود فيها ,وتلهيه الامانى,ولكن الموت يأتى بغته
    { إن الموقف الألحادي موقف ينقصه الحكمة ،بل إنه موقف غير حكيم بالمرة مادام يجعل البحث عن سبب العالم وسبب الوجود أمرا غير ذي أهمية !!
    لذا دعني أهمس في أذن الملحد بمقولة لأكبر عقل فلسفي أنجبه التاريخ العربي أقصد بن رشد الذي يقول "إن الحكمة ليست شيئا أكثر من معرفة أسباب الشيء."
    ففكروا في سبب وجودكم ليكون لديكم شيئ من صفات الحكماء! }

{ ما أكثر الملاحدة الذين يحملون عقلا بدائياً لا يفهم الألوهية الا إذا تجسدت في صنم مرئي ملموس . }

افتراضي

انا لله وانا اليـــــــه راجعون ...
    صادفت عدة أشخاص بنفس تفكير شارلي ... والمفارقه انهم ماتوا على ماهم عليـــــه ...!!
    اللهم احسن خاتمتنا ولاتقبضنا الا وأنت راض عنا , نعوذ بك من ميتة السوء وخاتمة السوء .....
    He said here before "Second Life after death a good idea but it is far from the truth" .. Now he has become in this life that he thought it was far .... And certainly saw the truth .... We sincerely hope that he heard telling the truth that everyone who tried to guide him and show him the way to ALLAH as ALLAH wants human beings .... But he was not see than what he settled in his mind from the wrong idea ... He died at the end of this already, but ALLAH gave him an opportunity here ...
    SOUPHANALLAH.....!!
    أعظَم مَن عُرِف عنه إنكار الصانع هو " فِرعون " ، ومع ذلك فإن ذلك الإنكار ليس حقيقيا ، فإن الله عزّ وَجَلّ قال عن آل فرعون :(وَجَحَدُوا بِهَا وَاسْتَيْقَنَتْهَا أَنْفُسُهُمْ ظُلْمًا وَعُلُوًّا)
    وبُرهان ذلك أن فِرعون لَمّا أحسّ بالغَرَق أظْهَر مكنون نفسه ومخبوء فؤاده على لسانه ، فقال الله عزّ وَجَلّ عن فرعون : (حَتَّى إِذَا أَدْرَكَهُ الْغَرَقُ قَالَ آَمَنْتُ أَنَّهُ لا إِلَهَ إِلا الَّذِي آَمَنَتْ بِهِ بَنُو إِسْرَائِيلَ وَأَنَا مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ)

صفحة 16 من 25 الأولىالأولى ... 61415161718 ... الأخيرةالأخيرة

معلومات الموضوع

الأعضاء الذين يشاهدون هذا الموضوع

الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)