صفحة 1 من 2 12 الأخيرةالأخيرة
النتائج 1 إلى 15 من 30

الموضوع: Belief in ONE GOD

افتراضي Belief in ONE GOD

The importance of faith has been central to humanity since its existence;people always felt the need for belief in supernatural powers.Therfore,many deities were created and worshiped to fulfil the psychological and mental as well as the spiritual void which otherwise would overwhem the hearts and the minds of those worshipers.However, polytheism could never provide any help for those who supported it and it even made things worse for them.Hence, Bilieving in one God stands as The best and only perfect way to find answers for our instinctive quests and to fullfil our spiritual voids and to satisfy our pschological needs.Islam represents The perfect and the purest form of monotheism,and its followers by consequence and by experience are the most intuitvely and spiritually stable people on earth.

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2014
    الدولة
    جزيرة العرب
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    مسلم

افتراضي

Great piece brother; just as a reminder, monotheism is the original belief whereas polytheism is its deformed image. The latter resulted from over-focusing and visualizing God’s names, powers or His pious followers into physical forms. These were revered at the beginning then worshiped. Although this fact is evident through many studies, a lot lately, especially on the internet, are discussing and investigating the invention of monotheism as a later anthropological advancement that stemmed from polytheism. This view is definitely rejected as it has no grounds other than degrading God's justness.

افتراضي

Peace be upon you brother, my point was not to show which belief was the original ,as this is evident and known to every Muslim rather than to show how finding the the true belief changes the life of individuals and societis to happiness and spiritual stability.

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2014
    الدولة
    جزيرة العرب
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    مسلم

افتراضي

God bless you brother, it was just a reminder for readers. Your style clearly shows you are way far from such an accusation.

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2010
    الدولة
    Sweden
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    ملحد

افتراضي

just as a reminder, monotheism is the original belief whereas polytheism is its deformed image.
    -any evidence for that? I suppose you must have it, some references maybe? I am just interested.

my point was not to show which belief was the original ,as this is evident and known to every Muslim
    - So you guys really have evidence for it, please present it.

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2010
    الدولة
    Sweden
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    ملحد

افتراضي

Since the the name of the thread is BELIEF IN ONE GOD, I have 2 questions concerning that:
    Can god lie, in other words be dishonest, (if he exists)? 1.
    2. Assuming there is really some external power communicating with people through religions (using religious scriptures, revealing itself to some chosen people, etc.) - How do you know this is god and not something else?

Thanks for your reply and cheers!

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2012
    الدولة
    بين المسلمين
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    مسلم

افتراضي

You don't even admit the existence of the creator yet . Arguing about which religion is right based on its evidence is meaningless at this point . Finish your other conversation .

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2010
    الدولة
    Sweden
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    ملحد

افتراضي

اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة مسلم أسود مشاهدة المشاركة
    You don't even admit the existence of the creator yet . Arguing about which religion is right based on its evidence is meaningless at this point . Finish your other conversation .
    I don't need to believe in god to hypothetically speak about one.
    In fact, it is much more objective and meaningful when you speak about something you are not emotionally attached to, because your feelings won't cloud your reasoning then.

But I am not going to tell you to quit talking about god for that reason, you should be free to talk about anything you like, and so should I.
    I don't also need to finish one conversation to begin another.

So, my first question is: considering that Islam is not just a man-made concept, but there is something more to it, some supernatural power that influenced chosen people so they could actually compose the Torah, the Bible and the Quran, how do we know this supernatural power is actually god?

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2012
    الدولة
    بين المسلمين
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    مسلم

افتراضي

Freedom to do whatever you want cliche aside , arguing in this subject is futile messing around . That's putting the cart before the horse . And in arguing to prove to you that Islam is the right message we'll obviously be arguing to prove the existence of the creator first . Or what , you'd eventually be convinced that Islam is the true message from Allah whom you STILL claim doesn't exist ?!

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2010
    الدولة
    Sweden
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    ملحد

افتراضي

Freedom to do whatever you want cliche aside , arguing in this subject is futile messing around . That's putting the cart before the horse . And in arguing to prove to you that Islam is the right message we'll obviously be arguing to prove the existence of the creator first . Or what , you'd eventually be convinced that Islam is the true message from Allah whom you STILL claim doesn't exist ?!
    It is true, I reject god.
    But let's forget about it for the sake of this discussion.
    Let's say you guys are so awesome that you really managed to convince me, and from now on I am a god believer or at least someone who is willing to consider god as a possibility - a more open-minded person, not as ignorant as atheists obviously are.

So I am searching among various religions, since they talk about god, perhaps looking for one good choice if there is a chance for that.
    What reasons do I have to believe that Islam represents the true and only god?
    Isn't it risky for me to join Islam? Isn't there a big chance that by becoming a Muslim I will go to hell instead of the promised heaven?

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2012
    الدولة
    بين المسلمين
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    مسلم

افتراضي

‎‎‎‎‎Once more , all of this is meaningless because you don't even admit the existence of a creator . ‎That's trying to reach the second to last step on a stair right off the bat . Again , putting the cart ahead of the horse . And let me make this clear from the beginning : Do not think we "fear" arguing for Islam being the true religion . We're as sure of it as we are sure of the creator existing . It's a given to us . It is just a matter of order and organization .‎

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2010
    الدولة
    Sweden
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    ملحد

افتراضي

‎‎‎‎‎Once more , all of this is meaningless because you don't even admit the existence of a creator . ‎That's trying to reach the second to last step on a stair right off the bat . Again , putting the cart ahead of the horse . And let me make this clear from the beginning : Do not think we "fear" arguing for Islam being the true religion . We're as sure of it as we are sure of the creator existing . It's a given to us . It is just a matter of order and organization .‎

There are people who already believe in god, but are not members of any religion, and those who treat god as a possibility. I would like to know what you tell them to turn them to your religion. I won't say in this thread god doesn't exist. Let's assume there is a possibility.

If you are not afraid, there should be no problem.

If god is or can be real: WHY ISLAM?

I will not say here that your argument is senseless because you have no evidence for god. We are already assuming god is real or could be real. So please, tell me how you would convince an agnostic or a believer of god.

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2012
    الدولة
    بين المسلمين
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    مسلم

افتراضي

There are people who already believe in god, but are not members of any religion

Yes , in that case , we'd be discussing proof for Islam . But you're not one of those people , are you ?‎

I would like to know what you tell them to turn them to your religion.

There are many things we present as evidence for that . And there are threads dedicated to that but I can't seem to remember one that's in English here because clearly , this forum is mainly Arabic .‎

If you are not afraid, there should be no problem.

There is no problem , if you're one of those who believe in a creator but don't follow a religion .‎

So please, tell me how you would convince an agnostic or a believer of god.

‎If it's out of curiosity on your side , some arguments would be that the people of the prophet peace upon him themselves admit that he's well known as "The Honest Truthful One" . Accusing him of lying would be difficult . Another is how Quran left all Arabians in awe as they found waging war much easier than trying to bring something like it in eloquence and clear meanings and he's an illiterate person who , according to their own testimony , never came up with any ‎form of poetry in addition to the vast difference of styles between Quran and his own words peace upon him . One can't just switch that easily between two distinct linguistic styles . Claiming he wanted wealth with his invitation (Da'wa) is also out of the question as the narrations reveal how apathetic he's been for worldly gains to the degree that cooking fire wouldn't be ignited in his house for a month . Also , the prophecies he made . Calling two or three of them "lucky shots" might look reasonable , but not tens to over a hundred of them .‎

These are some of them .‎

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2012
    الدولة
    بين المسلمين
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    مسلم

افتراضي

But before all of that , we'd be arguing for monotheism and how Allah is one who has no peer or partner .‎

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2010
    الدولة
    Sweden
    المشاركات
    المذهب أو العقيدة
    ملحد

افتراضي

Yes , in that case , we'd be discussing proof for Islam . But you're not one of those people , are you ?‎

There are many things we present as evidence for that . And there are threads dedicated to that but I can't seem to remember one that's in English here because clearly , this forum is mainly Arabic .‎

There is no problem , if you're one of those who believe in a creator but don't follow a religion .‎

‎If it's out of curiosity on your side , some arguments would be that the people of the prophet peace upon him themselves admit that he's well known as "The Honest Truthful One" . Accusing him of lying would be difficult . Another is how Quran left all Arabians in awe as they found waging war much easier than trying to bring something like it in eloquence and clear meanings and he's an illiterate person who , according to their own testimony , never came up with any ‎form of poetry in addition to the vast difference of styles between Quran and his own words peace upon him . One can't just switch that easily between two distinct linguistic styles . Claiming he wanted wealth with his invitation (Da'wa) is also out of the question as the narrations reveal how apathetic he's been for worldly gains to the degree that cooking fire wouldn't be ignited in his house for a month . Also , the prophecies he made . Calling two or three of them "lucky shots" might look reasonable , but not tens to over a hundred of them .‎

These are some of them .‎
    Thanks for the answer.

So let's assume men of the past, including Muhammad (since he is responsible for deeds which are extraordinary), had contact with some supernatural intelligent power. I am willing to agree on this for the sake of this discussion again.
    How do we know this power is really honest with us? The power calls itself the HONEST TRUTHFUL ONE, does it mean it is one? What keeps it from lying?

By the way, I would love to know about those prophecies, if you don't mind sharing the info. But perhaps in a separate thread if you have one for that.

صفحة 1 من 2 12 الأخيرةالأخيرة

معلومات الموضوع

الأعضاء الذين يشاهدون هذا الموضوع

الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)