Ana Assef

Maria al-Qibtiyya
04-25-2013, 04:49 AM
أنا أسف.
transliteration:
Ana Assef

Thanks
same for male female?
I mean if I'm addressing to a sister or brother or a sister or brother say this to me
the same term Ana Assef will be used?

BStranger
04-25-2013, 04:51 AM
sorry, if you are female you would say:
أنا أسفة
transliteration:
Ana Assefa

the gender of the addressed doesn't matter

Maria al-Qibtiyya
04-25-2013, 04:54 AM
OK, Thanks.

What is the Arabic of

I'm busy

BStranger
04-25-2013, 08:05 AM
OK, Thanks.

What is the Arabic of

I'm busy

أنا مشغولة.

Maria al-Qibtiyya
04-25-2013, 08:17 AM
أنا مشغولة.

There is no zabr /zair so i don't know how to read this
but i guess, is it
Ana mashgulah??

BStranger
04-25-2013, 08:43 AM
There is no zabr /zair so i don't know how to read this
but i guess, is it
Ana mashgulah??

yes.

Maria al-Qibtiyya
04-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Arabic translation for this please

I love Allah more than anyone more than anything

Maria al-Qibtiyya
04-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Arabic translation for this please

I love Allah more than anyone more than anything

No one answered
Why

عبـــاد
04-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Because tomorrow is start of weekend in Arabic /Muslim countries, people tend to close their laptop and have weekend activities visiting relatives and prepare for weekend

The translation of this phrase could be
احب الله اكثر من أي احد واكثر من أي شيء
Ohibbullah akthar min ai ahad wa akthar min ai shai

Maria al-Qibtiyya
04-26-2013, 03:37 AM
Now what to say about

I will pray for you

عمر خطاب
04-26-2013, 03:09 PM
أخي طالب علم، لمَ قد تريد الأخت أن تقول "سأصلي من أجلك" لأنثى؟ هي تقصد ستصلي لله، ولا تقصد -على ما أظن- ستصلي لأجل رجل ولا لأجل امرأة.
والأخت قد تفهم من كلامك أنها لو كانت هي أنثى، سيكون عليها أن تقول.. سأصلي من أجلكِ. وهذا كما تعلم ليس سليمًا. فليتك تقوم سريعًا الآن بتعديل المشاركة قبل أن ينتهي وقت تعديل المشاركة!

أحمد عبدالله.
04-26-2013, 03:15 PM
أخي طالب علم، لمَ قد تريد الأخت أن تقول "سأصلي من أجلك" لأنثى؟ هي تقصد ستصلي لله، ولا تقصد -على ما أظن- ستصلي لأجل رجل ولا لأجل امرأة.
والأخت قد تفهم من كلامك أنها لو كانت هي أنثى، سيكون عليها أن تقول.. سأصلي من أجلكِ. وهذا كما تعلم ليس سليمًا. فليتك تقوم سريعًا الآن بتعديل المشاركة قبل أن ينتهي وقت تعديل المشاركة!
جزاك الله خيرا...
ارجو ان تكتب الترجمة انت إذا بارك الله فيك...
ظننتها من باب الدعاء...
يعني مما هو شائع لدى العوام...
جزاك الله خيرا مجددا

Maria al-Qibtiyya
04-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Now what to say about

I will pray for you

Still waiting for Arabic translation for this one

Plus while replying please tell me if i say this "I'll pray for you" to my friend (a girl) what should i tell her.

Furthermore, If a brother say this to a brother how should he speak these words in Arabic

^ could anybody make a reply for this please thanks

عمر خطاب
04-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Okhti, why would someone pray "for" a human?

Maria al-Qibtiyya
04-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Okhti, why would someone pray "for" a human?

Akhi, here by "pray" i mean to say "Dua" I do not mean worship
Got it??

Maria al-Qibtiyya
04-27-2013, 09:28 AM
متابع

What do you mean? following the conversation

You said you were following the conversation & the Arabic term which you used was this
متا بع
So my question is: If a sister say this, will she say this in the same way as it's i.e
متا بع

عمر خطاب
04-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Do you mean to say:
"I invite you"
??

أنا أدعوكَ (to a brother)
Ana Ad'ooka
أنا أدعوكِ (to a sister)
Ana Ad'ooki

Maria al-Qibtiyya
04-27-2013, 09:44 AM
Do you mean to say:
"I invite you"
??

أنا أدعوكَ (to a brother)
Ana Ad'ooka
أنا أدعوكِ (to a sister)
Ana Ad'ooki

Jazakallahu khair

by term "pray" I mean to say "Du'aa" ...Let's take an example

Like I pray /Dua for my friend " May Allah bless you

in Arabic I would pray/dua for her Barakallahu feeki

dua = دعاء

Got it now???

Source
04-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Jazakallahu khair

by term "pray" I mean to say "Du'aa" ...Let's take an example

Like I pray /Dua for my friend " May Allah bless you

in Arabic I would pray/dua for her Barakallahu feeki

dua = دعاء

Got it now???

Sa'ad'o laki = سأدعو لكِ

And for a man = Sa'ad'o lak
سأدعو لك

I hope this helps

Horashyo
04-27-2013, 11:32 AM
The proper translation is سأدعوا الله لأجلك even though we really don't say that.
(sa ad'o allaha li ajliki)

In general we say what we want to ask Allah for. . So in Arabic, it would be something like, may Allah ease your hardship: أسأل الله أن ييسر أمورك
As'alo allaha an yoyassira Omoraka : if you say it to a man
As'alo allaha an yoyassira Omoraki: if you say it to a woman

Maria al-Qibtiyya
04-27-2013, 11:50 AM
to all جزاك الله خيرا

Now who will answer post # 18
???

عمر خطاب
04-27-2013, 12:02 PM
متابعة if the writer is a female
متابع if the writer is a male

Maria al-Qibtiyya
04-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Okay thanks everyone

Please translate this into Arabic

The more I try to learn, the more I feel how ignorant I am.

Note: Please while translating keep this in mind
I - the writer - am a girl. So tell me how should i write these sentences being a girl ( i.e a female) or otherwise If i get wrong translation my friends will find a way to laugh at me.
You can also tell me how a brother should write these sentences.

paleominius
04-27-2013, 04:17 PM
كلما حاولت التعلم أكثر، كلما أحسست بجهلي
i don't speak english very well, but i think that's the translation, same sentence for male and female
edit
كلما حاولت التعلم أكثر، كلما زاد إحساسي بجهلي

Maria al-Qibtiyya
04-27-2013, 05:36 PM
كلما حاولت التعلم أكثر، كلما أحسست بجهلي
i don't speak english very well, but i think that's the translation, same sentence for male and female
edit
كلما حاولت التعلم أكثر، كلما زاد إحساسي بجهلي

Jazakallah

There is no zabr/zair etc. so I don't know how to read this
Can anybody help please
thanks

محمد عبدالمنعم عثمان
04-27-2013, 05:42 PM
كلما حاولت التعلم اكثر ، زاد احساسي بجهلي....
kollama hawaltu alt'aluma akthar zad ihsasii be jahlii
كلما is not repeated

paleominius
04-27-2013, 06:02 PM
صح لا تعاد "كلما"، ترجمتها حرفيا

Maria al-Qibtiyya
06-01-2013, 02:47 PM
What is the English translation of these Arabic words?

fantaziru inni ma'akum minal muntazireen.

Rabbanaftah baynana wa bayna qawmina bil haqqi wa anta khairul fatiheen!

Maro
06-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Thanks
same for male female?
I mean if I'm addressing to a sister or brother or a sister or brother say this to me
the same term Ana Assef will be used?

since you're a female, u should say: Ana Asefa
أنا آسفة
And it goes the same whether you're talking to a man or a woman

Maro
06-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Now what to say about

I will pray for you
the most suitable translation for this is:
سَأَدْعُو لَكَ (If you're talking to a man)
سَأَدْعُو لَكِ (If you're talking to a woman)

fantaziru inni ma'akum minal muntazireen.

فَانْتَظِرُوا إِنِّى مَعَكُمْ مِنَ الْمُنْتَظِرِينَ
Translation: so wait, indeed I am with you among those who wait

Rabbanaftah baynana wa bayna qawmina bil haqqi wa anta khairul fatiheen!
رَبَّنَا افْتَحْ بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَ قَوْمِنَا بِالْحَقِّ وَأَنْتَ خَيْرُ الْفَاتِحِينَ
Translation: O God, decide between us and our people in truth, and You are the best of those who give decision

Maria al-Qibtiyya
06-01-2013, 08:27 PM
the most suitable translation for this is:
سَأَدْعُو لَكَ (If you're talking to a man)
سَأَدْعُو لَكِ (If you're talking to a woman)

فَانْتَظِرُوا إِنِّى مَعَكُمْ مِنَ الْمُنْتَظِرِينَ
Translation: so wait, indeed I am with you among those who wait

رَبَّنَا افْتَحْ بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَ قَوْمِنَا بِالْحَقِّ وَأَنْتَ خَيْرُ الْفَاتِحِينَ
Translation: O God, decide between us and our people in truth, and You are the best of those who give decision

since you're a female, u should say: Ana Asefa
أنا آسفة
And it goes the same whether you're talking to a man or a woman

Thank you
jazakallahu khair

Maria al-Qibtiyya
06-02-2013, 02:55 AM
Please could anyone translate this into English

Maro
06-02-2013, 07:30 AM
أرجو من الأخوة الكرام الأفاضل عدم ترجمة الدعاء حتى نقف على مراد الأخت السائلة منه أولاً

Sister, where did you get this prayer from?
And do you know that it has major mistakes that conflict with our faith?

Maria al-Qibtiyya
06-02-2013, 05:49 PM
أرجو من الأخوة الكرام الأفاضل عدم ترجمة الدعاء حتى نقف على مراد الأخت السائلة منه أولاً

Sister, where did you get this prayer from?
And do you know that it has major mistakes that conflict with our faith?

Brother I doubt there is mistake. That's why I'm asking for exact & correct translation
I'm not sure what kind of mistake there is. So could you please enlighten me?? I'll be much obliged to you

Maro
06-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Alright, I seek refuge of Allah from what i'm going to type below
And I let Allah bear witness that it's only for the sake of warning those who may not know it
:the translation is

O God, let your perfect peace & blessing be upon our master Mohammad by virtue of whom all troubles are solved, all plights are solved, all requirements are fulfilled, all the needs are satisfied, a good death is achieved & clouds may send their rain. And let the perfect peace & blessing be upon his family & companions in every glance & every breath of everything that's known to you
The major mistakes in that prayer are as follow:
1- it includes phrases of (Shirk) [Shirk: is to worship or seek support from someone or something else except Allah], & also exaggeration to Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) attributing to him some abilities that nothing ever can do except Allah... such as: meeting our needs, clearing our troubles, saving our day...etc
while Allah said in Quran to Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him):
{قُلْ إِنِّى لَا أَمْلِكُ لَكُمْ ضَرّاً وَلَا رَشَداً}
{Say: It is not in my power to cause you harm or to bring you benefits}
{قُلْ لَا أَمْلِكُ لِنَفْسِى نَفْعًا وَلَا ضَرًّا إِلَّا مَا شَاءَ اللَّهُ وَلَوْ كُنْتُ أَعْلَمُ الْغَيْبَ لَاسْتَكْثَرْتُ مِنَ الْخَيْرِ وَمَا مَسَّنِىَ السُّوءُ إِنْ أَنَا إِلَّا نَذِيرٌ وَبَشِيرٌ لِقَوْمٍ يُؤْمِنُونَ}
{Say, "I hold not for myself benefit or harm, except what Allah has willed. And if I knew the unseen, I could have acquired much wealth, and no harm would have touched me. I am not except a warner and a bringer of good tidings to a people who believe}
Also Prophet Mohammad said in Hadeeth:
{لا تطرونى كما أطرت النصارى ابن مريم، إنما أنا عبد فقولوا عبد الله ورسوله}
{Do not exaggerate about me the way how Christians exaggerated about the son of Mariam, for I'm only a slave to Allah, so describe me as the slave of Allah & his messenger}
2- the second thing is that: this prayer is new to Islam
meaning that it was never performed neither in the time of Prophet Mohammad nor in the heir of his companions
And this indeed is against the teaching of Prophet Mohammad who said in his Hadeeth:
{مَنْ أَحْدَثَ فِى أَمْرِنَا هذا مَا لَيْسَ مِنْهُ فَهُوَ رَدٌّ}
{Whoever innovates anything in this matter of ours (Islam) that is not a part of it, he'll have it rejected}
That's because: our message was completed & our religion was perfected in the time of Prophet Mohammad, & whoever add, remove or change something in it will be harming it alot, for himself & for every single person who takes after him !
I hope it's all clear now... & please do not hesitate to ask for anymore explanation

Maria al-Qibtiyya
06-03-2013, 02:33 AM
Alright, I seek refuge of Allah from what i'm going to type below
And I let Allah bear witness that it's only for the sake of warning those who may not know it
:the translation is
The major mistakes in that prayer are as follow:
1- it includes phrases of (Shirk) [Shirk: is to worship or seek support from someone or something else except Allah], & also exaggeration to Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) attributing to him some abilities that nothing ever can do except Allah... such as: meeting our needs, clearing our troubles, saving our day...etc
while Allah said in Quran to Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him):
{قُلْ إِنِّى لَا أَمْلِكُ لَكُمْ ضَرّاً وَلَا رَشَداً}
{Say: It is not in my power to cause you harm or to bring you benefits}
{قُلْ لَا أَمْلِكُ لِنَفْسِى نَفْعًا وَلَا ضَرًّا إِلَّا مَا شَاءَ اللَّهُ وَلَوْ كُنْتُ أَعْلَمُ الْغَيْبَ لَاسْتَكْثَرْتُ مِنَ الْخَيْرِ وَمَا مَسَّنِىَ السُّوءُ إِنْ أَنَا إِلَّا نَذِيرٌ وَبَشِيرٌ لِقَوْمٍ يُؤْمِنُونَ}
{Say, "I hold not for myself benefit or harm, except what Allah has willed. And if I knew the unseen, I could have acquired much wealth, and no harm would have touched me. I am not except a warner and a bringer of good tidings to a people who believe}
Also Prophet Mohammad said in Hadeeth:
{لا تطرونى كما أطرت النصارى ابن مريم، إنما أنا عبد فقولوا عبد الله ورسوله}
{Do not exaggerate about me the way how Christians exaggerated about the son of Mariam, for I'm only a slave to Allah, so describe me as the slave of Allah & his messenger}
2- the second thing is that: this prayer is new to Islam
meaning that it was never performed neither in the time of Prophet Mohammad nor in the heir of his companions
And this indeed is against the teaching of Prophet Mohammad who said in his Hadeeth:
{مَنْ أَحْدَثَ فِى أَمْرِنَا هذا مَا لَيْسَ مِنْهُ فَهُوَ رَدٌّ}
{Whoever innovates anything in this matter of ours (Islam) that is not a part of it, he'll have it rejected}
That's because: our message was completed & our religion was perfected in the time of Prophet Mohammad, & whoever add, remove or change something in it will be harming it alot, for himself & for every single person who takes after him !
I hope it's all clear now... & please do not hesitate to ask for anymore explanation

OMG the durood is shirkia! Thank you soo much for the explanation
That helped a lot indeed! But I want to ask something
Some one else has presented the translation of this durood in quite different way . I've copied & pasted the words of that brother whose name is a.s.

:salam:

I presented the Arabic and English of this durood to someone who is well-versed in Arabic. I asked him if the translation was wrong. He replied:

The translation isn't correct, it should say:
O Allah! Bestow complete blessings and perfect peace on our master Muhammad by which all our difficulties are removed, all calamities and agonies prevented; all needs fulfilled; all our cherished desires obtained; and a good end to life; and send us rain-showering clouds by means of his noble countenance, and on his family and companions in every moment and every breath, as many times as is in Your Knowledge.

So that depends on the intention and underlying beliefs. Idolatry would be the idea that anything besides God can help you. The above implies that because one is sending God's peace and blessings upon the Prophet (pbuh), which is virtuous, God will reward us with the stated things above.

So, as of now, it seems my initial doubts about the translation were correct. The translation should indeed say "which" and not "whom." "which" here referring to the durood, which will remove all our difficulties due to the blessings and virtue of sending it upon our Prophet (pbuh)

Another brother says the translation of "Allazi" is "by which" which refers to "peace & blessings Of Allah, further he says it doesn't translate into to "by whom" which refers to Muhammad (peace be upon him)

So now please tell me, the translation presented by him is correct or wrong, & also tell me if he translated this durood in this way, can it renders it non-shirkia or is it remain shirkia???

Maro
06-03-2013, 08:06 AM
So now please tell me, the translation presented by him is correct or wrong

With all respect sister,
It's very clear that the man who translated the prayers to you was playing with the meaning to hide the (Shirk) side of it
And it's not true what he/they said, that the word (Allazi) refers to the durood not to Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him
any Arabic speaker can realize very easily that all these superior abilities were attributed to Prophet Mohammad
And my proof to that: is the phrase
(وَالَّذى يُسْتَسْقَى الغَمَامُ بِوَجْهِهِ الْكَرِيم)
which literally means (by virtue of whose noble face rainy clouds may be sent)
now... if the superior deeds & abilities in that prayer were attributed to the durood itself & not to Prophet Mohammad, you're gonna have to ask yourself: Does the durood have a FACE???
it's funy, eh? :)):

& also tell me if he translated this durood in this way, can it renders it non-shirkia or is it remain shirkia???

Actually, it's still an innovation... something new to Islam that never existed in time of Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him), & be sure that if there's any good in that prayer: Prophet Mohammad would command us with it, & his companions would be the first to perform it...
which never happened !
Prophet Mohammad already completed his message & the religion was perfected in his time, no contrived prayers or supplication should be added to Islam, otherwise it'll mean that we're accusing our Messenger (peace be upon him) of failing to explain everything we need.
If the man who translated that prayer to you is really well-versed in Arabic, then he must be trying to play some tricks in order to keep the old customs & habits alive, make them look fine
which is against the teachings of Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him)
One must follow the truth wherever he finds it
Even if we discover that all our ancestors were doing a mistake , we must not follow them, & we must always follow the right path.
Now you know that tricks are easy to be played... please beware & take caution of where do you learn your religion from.
Cause we're living in time of deception, & Eblis (Satan) is playing his tricks inside every single person in the world.

Maria al-Qibtiyya
06-04-2013, 12:00 AM
With all respect sister,
It's very clear that the man who translated the prayers to you was playing with the meaning to hide the (Shirk) side of it
And it's not true what he/they said, that the word (Allazi) refers to the durood not to Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him
any Arabic speaker can realize very easily that all these superior abilities were attributed to Prophet Mohammad
And my proof to that: is the phrase
(وَالَّذى يُسْتَسْقَى الغَمَامُ بِوَجْهِهِ الْكَرِيم)
which literally means (by virtue of whose noble face rainy clouds may be sent)
now... if the superior deeds & abilities in that prayer were attributed to the durood itself & not to Prophet Mohammad, you're gonna have to ask yourself: Does the durood have a FACE???
it's funy, eh? :)):

Actually, it's still an innovation... something new to Islam that never existed in time of Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him), & be sure that if there's any good in that prayer: Prophet Mohammad would command us with it, & his companions would be the first to perform it...
which never happened !
Prophet Mohammad already completed his message & the religion was perfected in his time, no contrived prayers or supplication should be added to Islam, otherwise it'll mean that we're accusing our Messenger (peace be upon him) of failing to explain everything we need.
If the man who translated that prayer to you is really well-versed in Arabic, then he must be trying to play some tricks in order to keep the old customs & habits alive, make them look fine
which is against the teachings of Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him)
One must follow the truth wherever he finds it
Even if we discover that all our ancestors were doing a mistake , we must not follow them, & we must always follow the right path.
Now you know that tricks are easy to be played... please beware & take caution of where do you learn your religion from.
Cause we're living in time of deception, & Eblis (Satan) is playing his tricks inside every single person in the world.

Thank you soo much for enlightening me
May Allah reward you the best
Now I know what to do
I'd never ever recite that durood
But it's really hard to recognize the truth
My Allah help . Ameen

ابو علي الفلسطيني
06-04-2013, 12:45 AM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

للفائدة

وَالَّذى يُسْتَسْقَى الغَمَامُ بِوَجْهِهِ الْكَرِيم

هذا الكلام جزء من بيت شاعر لأبي طالب عم النبي صلى الله عيه وسلم يمدحه فيه يقول:
وابيض يستسقى الغمام بوجهه ... ثمال اليتامى عصمة للأرامل

Maria al-Qibtiyya
06-11-2013, 10:35 AM
What is the translation of
Sadaqta wa Bararta

Maro
06-11-2013, 10:53 AM
What is the translation of
Sadaqta wa Bararta

It's some kind of (Zikr) that's used to be said during the Azan of Fajre (the Dawn prayer) when the (Mu'azzen) say
(الصَلَاةُ خَيرٌ من النَّوم)
(prayer is better than sleeping)
people used to say that phrase
(صدقت وبررت)
(You're true & Righteousness)

But that phrase has no origin in Islam, & it's totally against the hadeeth of Prophet Mohammad that tells
{إِذَا سَمِعْتُمْ الْمُؤَذِّنَ، فَقُولُوا مِثْلَ مَا يَقُولُ}
{When you hear the Mu'azzen, say what he says}
so, it's much better to just repeat after the prayer call... since there's no base for that zikr

محمود المغيربي
06-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Many thanks to my brother MARO#

But actually, I wanna add another point which is:
In other Hadeeth prophet Mohammed peace be upon him said:
"When he (the Mu'adhdhin) says: Come to prayer "Hayya 'ala-s-Salah" , one should make a response: There is no might and no power except with Allah "La Hawla Wa La Qowata Ella Billah" .When he (the Mu'adhdhin) says: Come to salvation "Hayya 'ala-l-Falah", one should respond: There is no might and no power except with Allah "La Hawla Wa La Qowata Ella Billah"
".
So, concerning to these two Hadeeths the conclusion will be :
Repeating the same with what the Mu'adhdhin says, except when he (Mu'adhdhin) says :

حي على الصلاة
Hayya 'ala-s-Salah
Hurry to the prayer (Rise up for prayer)

حي على الفلاح
Hayya 'ala-l-Falah
Hurry to success (Rise up for Salvation)#

You ought to say :

لا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله
"La Hawla Wa La Qowata Ella Billah"
There is no might and no power except with Allah

Maro
06-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Thank you brother "Mahmoud"
جزاك الله خيراً على الإضافة أخى الحبيب

محمود المغيربي
06-11-2013, 11:45 AM
وإياكم أخي الحبيب
Not at all brother

Maria al-Qibtiyya
06-12-2013, 06:02 AM
Thank you. Jazakallahu khair to both

Maria al-Qibtiyya
08-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Can anybody translate the six points in this book into Arabic?
from page 4 onwards
here's the book
http://archive.org/stream/6PointsOfTablighByShaykhAl-hadithFazlurRahmanAzmi#page/n4/mode/1up